Monday, September 17, 2007

Carole Foret & Claire Kayser Destination Workshop

Acrylic on Canvas



I had a wonderful time this weekend at a Destination Workshop with twin artists Carole Foret and Claire Kayser (to see their fabulous work check out their websites and blogs - links to the left) Two of my good friends and I headed to Jackson, TN for this great workshop at the Art Under a Hot Tin Roof Gallery. I learned a ton! To sum it up:

1. The JOY of a filbert brush.

2.Toning

3. Scumbling

4. I CAN mix the paint on the canvas

5. Accentuate the dark and light highlights

6. Texture the canvas first

7. MISTAKES ARE AN OPPORTUNITY FOR TEXTURE

8. Pallet knives are a great tool for texture


Their next one is in Rosemary Beach, FL. I highly recommend it as a fun girls weekend with some great women - as well as the opportunity to learn from these wonderful artists!

No comments: