I had a wonderful time this weekend at a Destination Workshop with twin artists Carole Foret and Claire Kayser (to see their fabulous work check out their websites and blogs - links to the left) Two of my good friends and I headed to Jackson, TN for this great workshop at the Art Under a Hot Tin Roof Gallery. I learned a ton! To sum it up:
1. The JOY of a filbert brush.
4. I CAN mix the paint on the canvas
5. Accentuate the dark and light highlights
6. Texture the canvas first
7. MISTAKES ARE AN OPPORTUNITY FOR TEXTURE
8. Pallet knives are a great tool for texture
Their next one is in Rosemary Beach, FL. I highly recommend it as a fun girls weekend with some great women - as well as the opportunity to learn from these wonderful artists!