Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Haunting Face of Need

Watercolor 20x24
If you haven't noticed, I haven't been able to paint this week! It has really stressed me out! But, it has been for a good reason. I have been getting myself ready (and my family ready for me to be gone) to go to a painting workshop out of town this weekend with two of my closest friends! We are going to Jackson, TN to Art on a Hot Tin Roof to attend a workshop led by Carole Foret and her sister Claire Kayser. I am very excited! It will be the first painting workshop I have attended. I am hoping to come home inspired and full of ideas!
This watercolor is one I did years ago. This woman was in a magazine with an article about the poverty in her area. Her face really haunted me, so I painted it, several times. There are thousands more like her out there that we turn a blind eye to everyday.

No comments: