Tuesday, February 12, 2008

From my sketchbook. . .


Yes, another guitar lesson. This is a sketch of my daughter at about one - once again at the beach. She is looking down playing with her toes in the picture. I enjoyed trying to get the angle of her face and her cleft chin also posed a bit of a challenge from the angle. I have really enjoyed having this 30 minutes of uninterrupted quiet drawing time.
Tonight I am going to Carole Foret's studio to "Wine and Paint" with her. I am very excited to get to spend some time with the wonderful woman as well as meet new artists too! Tomorrow will be the last post for the week. I am going to New Orleans for the weekend and need to get ready. I am hoping to come up with tons of reference photos and sketches. But, we will see. I am not very practiced at sketching from life, so this should be a wonderful learning experience!

No comments: